Wednesday, October 28, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!


Luke, Happy 2nd Birthday! You are so much fun at this age! You are amazing us everyday with a new word or a new antic of some sort. You LOVE music. Mostly guitars and drums. "Didtaaar" and "Bum Bum". You have amazing rhythm already! It has taken until about two weeks ago for you to go into the church nursery or MOPS/Bible study childcare without screaming your head off. A few months ago we figured out that if there was a toy guitar or video of the worship band, you'd settle down more quickly. You have learned so many new things this year. First off, walking, running and now a little bit of jumping. You quickly try anything Aidan does...walking along the curb, balance beam style; collecting rocks (raahk), checking out the baseball field at CBS and climbing on the couch. In the car you say whoa whenever I turn a corner...the same spot every time we take Aidan to school because Aidan said it one morning.

You absolutely LOVE Aidan. It melts my heart to listen to you two play together in your room at the train table. You get very frustrated when the trains fall off the track, but you are gettting it figured out. You love to play outside....with Aidan or by yourself. You have taken up golf (gaaah). You hit at the ball, kind of like a baseball, but you are persistent. When it is time to pick up Aidan at school and I say, "let's get Aidan at school," You run to the door and say "Nay Nay gaga cooool". Precious I tell ya! Aidan adores you as well. He is so proud of you and gets so excited when he sees you learn something new or say a new word. I pray you are always close. You make a great team.
I have to believe this love for music and your showy personality are going to follow into some sort of performance career. We'll see. You are quite the hamm. You have such great smiles and make the greatest squishy faces. You still have a bit of a stubborn streak, but it has dramatically reduced. Probably has to do with your budding vocabulary.

My favorite part of the day now is naptime and bedtime. Not for the reasons you may think. I sure need the break, but really it is so I can soak up your lovin's. You have only recently become a snuggle bug. You freeely give kisses and hugs. Although you withold them with a smile...again you're a hamm. We sit in the rocking chair and read books (buh), and then I sing. First Jesus Loves Me. Then you say "more baby". It comes from the book, "Love you Forever." I probably sing it 15-20 times. You will either sit facing out with blankie or will let me cuddle you like a baby. I love it because you never let me hold you like a baby when you were tiny. Then we give kisses, bonk heads and tickle a bit. It winds you up a bit, so then we have to rock more. You say more raah. I feel like I am catching up on 18 months of cuddling, so our bedtime routine is a bit lengthy. We will probably have to shorten it soon, because you are really starting to protest when I leave. You still have strong lungs. My only complaint is that you have been calling me Ma! from the start. It took me a very long time to realize you were calling blankie "mama". I knew that was what you called it, but I thought you also meant me sometimes. Several months ago you stopped saying mama for blankie, but I remained ma or mom. You have only in the last couple of weeks started to find a word for blankie...blah blah. In the meantime it has been a grunt with your hands out.

You still love to eat and most of your signs and words are related to eating or food. I'll be interested to see what your height and weight are next week at your dr. visit. You are not very tall....you're going to be like daddy...long body and very short legs.

You have made our family so much richer and lots of fun. We are so blessed that God chose us to be your family. I know God has amazing things planned for you and I pray that you make good choices throughout your life so that you can see all God has for you. I pray for your friends, for your future wife and that God will prepare you well for all the obstacles you will face. I love you so much punkin! You are an amazing blessing and never cease to surprise me. I love you!

No comments: